South Australian Retirement Villages Residents Association Inc.
Are you a South Australian looking at your retirement living options?
As a SARVRA member, we are here to help you.
Overview of SARVRA AGM held Monday 22 August 2022 At the Flinders St Baptist Church.
During the meeting SARVRA recognised and awarded certificates to valuable village representatives in recognition of their years of service as volunteers assisting the Management Committee in collection of membership fees and ensuring their fellow village residents were kept informed of important information relating to them especially during the Pandemic isolation period.
As we head into our 60’s and beyond, our lifestyle changes and so do our needs to maintain our health and wellbeing – physical, mental and emotional. Every year, more and more South Australian residents are choosing to live in retirement villages because they provide so many benefits.
SARVRA represents the interests of all South Australians living in a retirement village and we exist because of your membership. When you become a member, you have access to information, resources and support that we provide. The bigger our membership gets, the stronger we can represent your interests in government and industry and the more you can continue to enjoy the benefits of a retirement village lifestyle.
Join the 9,000+ members today reaping the rewards of their SARVRA membership
What We Do:
- We represent you within Government and Industry for policy changes that impact your lifestyle
- We provide information and advice on how these policy changes may affect you
- We support and mediate conflict resolution in retirement village communities
- We provide guest speakers at industry forums relevant to retirement villages
- We regularly visit retirement villages to update residents on changes that affect all of us
- We lobby for policy changes that enhance your lifestyle in your retirement village
Do you want help or advice?
- Although SARVRA is here to help all SA retirement village residents, we are a member-based association; we have no paid staff, with all enquiries and administration dealt with by members who volunteer to be on the SARVRA Committee.
- We are a not-for-profit association and we rely on our members to fund our activities (via a $5 per year membership fee), and to provide strength in numbers for our lobbying capacity.
- If you are a member of SARVRA your questions or enquiry can be answered, but please understand that if you are not a member and are seeking advice, that we are unable to serve you.
- However, should you be seeking advice on behalf of a former resident who has passed away we are able to assist upon confirmation that the former resident was a member during the previous 12 months.
Help us to help you. It costs only $5 per year which goes a long way to helping us stay strong! Become a member yourself and invite your fellow residents to join us too.
Living in a Retirement Village
News / Blogs
SARVRA Mission Statement
SARVRA - Enhancing the lives of South Australians living in Retirement Villages. SARVRA is your voice for effective representation within Government and Industry. We strive to ensure a high quality of life for our members in South Australian Retirement Villages. Our support, information and understanding are accessible when you become a member.
In South Australia today, there are:
residents in retirement villages
independent living units
registered retirement villages